Jewelry Making Tutorial: Gray Wood Charm Necklace
This charm-filled necklace fits right in with our pantone colors of the year, but also provides tons of interest & individuality through the selection of charms. check out our collection of gray & yellow products here.
We chose to use a neutral gray wood round to balance out the multi-dimensional metallic tones of the pewter beads & charms. You will notice that there is an extra bead between the wood rounds once the charm extravaganza begins, put in place to allow the attached charms to move around a little more freely than if they were just strung in between the wood rounds. We used closed (soldered) jump rings to string our charms & beads for extra security.
Some of the charms required extra jump rings, even if they have their own bails. We made the loose beads into a charms by wire-wrapping. Visit our turn any bead into a charm project or our how-to wire-wrap learn page for more information about that process.
Once the necklace was strung, we finished it off with an extra crystal on either side & attached the finishing touches. For help with crimping on beadalon visit our how-to crimp learn page.
What Do I Need To Make My Own Gray Wood Charm Necklace?
- one pack of Silver Pewter Textured Puffed Heart Charm
- one pack of Gold Pewter Cross Coin Charm
- one pack of Silver Pewter Dove Charm
- one pack of Antique Bronze Camel Charm
- one pack of Antique Bronze Sun + Moon Face Charm
- one pack of Gold Pewter Airplane Charm
- one pack of Gold Pewter Crystal Heart Pendant
- one pack of Gold Composite Opal Crescent Charm
- one pack of Abalone Bezel Bead
- one pack of Black Pave Daisy Charm
- one pack of Antique Bronze Butterfly Bead
- one pack of Silver Pewter Star Chiclet Bead
- one pack of Gold Pewter Maltese Cross
- one pack of Crystal Charm
- one pack of Silver Pewter Leaf Imprint Charm
- one pack of Silver Pewter Star Charm
- one strand of 8mm Gray Wood Rounds
- one strand of 4mm Sand Pearl Faceted Crystal Rondelles
- one spool of .018 Beadalon Bright Stringing Wire
- one pack of Silver Crimps
- one pack of Silver Lobster Claw
- one pack of Silver Closed Jump Ring
- one pair of Round-Nose Pliers
- one pair of Designer Wire Cutters
- one pair of Crimping Pliers
For a more in-depth look on charm making, check out the full length tutorial below: